Chancellor's STAR Award Program
Each year the Chancellor’s Star Awards honor deserving staff who have gone “above and beyond” in support of the campus’s core values. Nominations are accepted for policy-covered MSP/PSS student or staff employees who have exhibited one or more of the following core values:
- Foster a bold and innovative spirit in our teaching, research and public service. Set a standard of excellence in all of our endeavors, and reward creativity, risk-taking, collaboration and entrepreneurial partnership.
- Inspire and support excellence and success in the engagement of our students, faculty, staff and alumni to learn, experiment and achieve to their full individual and collective potential.
- Be respectful of everyone by maintaining the highest degree of ethical and moral conduct.
- Be courteous in responding to the needs of the people we serve and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Take pride in your work, the campus and our campus community.
- Affirm our abiding commitment to respect and diversity, as represented in our community and in our perspectives, as foundational elements of our excellence. Celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity in our community.
- Partner in economic development with those individuals, foundations, government entities, businesses and philanthropic organizations that are actively engaged in improving the economy of the region, state and nation, and the quality of life for all.
- Promote a community characterized by respect, integrity, openness and responsiveness, and by consultation and collaboration, in which we are invested in our collective welfare and the responsible, sustainable stewardship of our resources.
Any campus community member may nominate a policy-covered MSP/PSS student or staff employee. The nomination must focus on the core values and exceptional contributions that supported the mission of UC Davis and have set a standard of exemplary achievement.
The Chancellor’s STAR Award nomination form (PDF) must be used for every nomination.
Nomination period and deadline:
Nomination details and deadlines for 2016 will be announced in early fall.
A committee appointed by the chancellor will be charged with recommending the top nominees for consideration of receiving the Chancellor’s STAR Award.
The final determination of awardees will be made by the chancellor.
Timing of award:
December of each calendar year
Announcement of award recipients:
All awardees and their contributions will be announced to the campus community in Dateline UC Davis in December.
An employee may not receive an award under the Chancellor’s STAR Award Program if the employee is a participant in an incentive award plan that prohibits the receipt of a recognition award. An employee’s receipt of an award under the Chancellor’s STAR Award Program does not establish any right or guarantee that the employee will be eligible for or entitled to an award in any subsequent plan year.